Over 3,000 SNP's Tested
Female Ancestry Test
Female Ancestry DNA Test
- Discover your female line ancestry
- Your deep maternal migration roots
- Worlds most detailed test with over 3,000 markers
- Simple home saliva collection kit
- Personalised 28 page ancestry booklet
- Your DNA and personal data is kept safe and secure
Discover Your Maternal Ancestors With DNA Worldwide’s Female Ancestry Testing
Have you hit a blank trying to trace your maternal line in censuses and parish records? The maternal line is notoriously difficult to trace using traditional methods and a female ancestry test could be an invaluable source of information for your research, satisfying your desire to know where in the world your ancestors came from.
It appears that mtDNA markers travelled vast distances over thousands of years, perhaps representing the common practice of women leaving their homes to find marriage partners or being traded as slaves. What was your journey?
Your Unique Ancestry Results
How Does it Work?
- We provide you with a simple home mouth swab kit so that you can easily send us a sample
- Our laboratory then examines your mtDNA – a circular piece of DNA that is passed down from mothers to their children
- We analyse 3000 mitochondrial markers using our Geno Chip test, enabling us to tell you your mother line story
- Your test results will tell you which of the 30 major maternal lineages you belong to and provide the broad geographic region throughout which the lineage is found (e.g. Oceania, Africa, Europe, Middle East.) It will also tell you about your maternal migration route up to recent times
- Your personal information and DNA are kept secure and private
Who Can Take The Test and How Long Does it Take?
- Anyone can take the test as mothers pass their mtDNA on to all their children
- The detailed and easy to read test results and certificate will be with you in 8-10 weeks