Over 15,000 genetic markers tested
Male Ancestry Test
Male Ancestry DNA Test
- Discover your male line ancestry
- Your deep paternal migration roots
- Worlds most detailed test with over 15,000 markers
- Simple home saliva collection kit
- Personalised 28 page ancestry booklet
- Your DNA and personal data is kept safe and secure
Discover Your Paternal Ancestors With DNA Worldwide’s Male Ancestry Testing
Are you curious about where your paternal ancestors came from? Perhaps you want to know when your forefathers arrived at the place you now call home? Male-ancestry testing is the first step to answering your questions about your past.
You can discover a vast amount from a Y-DNA test, partly because men keep their surnames and partly because until the age of mass transport they were unlikely to leave their homes. What is your story?
How Does it Work?
- We provide you with a simple home mouth swab kit to make sending us your sample easy
- Our laboratory then examines your Y-DNA from the Y-Chromosome present in males as part of our MyAncestry 3.0 Chip test
- We examine and count the number or repeats of the genetic pattern at standardized locations on the DNA helix - also known as markers
- Your results will tell you your paternal haplogroup ( a genetic group that tells us about deep ancestry), your sub-group and your paternal migration routes up until recent times
- You can find out where your subtype first arose, how old it is and where it spread to
- Your personal information and DNA are kept secure and private
Your Unique Ancestry Results
Who Can Take The Test and How Long Does it Take?
- As male ancestry testing examines DNA from the Y-Chromosome, which is only present in males, only males can take the test. However, if you are female and interested in your paternal line it’s as simple as asking a direct male relative to provide a sample
- The detailed and easy to read test results and certificate will be with you in 12 - 14 weeks
Whether you’re simply curious about your genetic origins or are hoping to find out where you fit into the sweeping narrative of history, paternal ancestry testing could start you on a journey of discovery.
Order online or call our experts today for more information.
The more markers, the more precise. Our YDNA tests look at over 15,000 SNP markers to provide you with the worlds most detailed deep ancestry test.
You will receive your personalised 28 page male ancestry booket to acompnay your results.
Need to find genetic matches
If you are intersted in finding matches to genetic relatives to further your family history reserach please take a look at our "Genetic Geaneaology packages".
The MyAncestry 3.0 Y-DNA tests are also available in our MyAncestry 3.0 Complete Combined Package, saving you £307 compared to buying the YDNA, mtDNA and All my Ancestry tests separately. Separate prices are £567 order together for just £260
Ancestry by DNA
At Home Mouth Swab Collection
Can Be Taken by Males
Can Be Taken by Females
Paternal Migration Routes
Maternal Migration Routes
Top 20 Population Matches
Ethnic Ancestry % Breakdown
Online Database Access
Surname /Lineage Projects
Helps Find Genetic Relatives
Number of Markers (Up to)
Full mtDNA Code
Type of DNA Tested
£129 - £279
£129 - £399
Free Shipping (UK)
Makes A Great Gift
Order DNA Test