Father jailed after paternity test proves he fathered 13-year-old daughter's baby
A man has been jailed for 12 years thanks to DNA paternity testing that proved he'd raped his three daughters, with one giving birth to a child as a result of the attacks.
As reported by The Examiner, the 13-year-old daughter gave birth last summer, which prompted a police inquiry into the paternity of the child.
She wasn't the only daughter who was sexually attacked, and wasn't the only one to fall pregnant. Another daughter conceived a child, but miscarried later. She believed her dad had fathered the baby.
According to The Daily Mail, the father began systematically abusing the eldest daughter when she was aged between 14 and 16; then turned his attention to his youngest daughter, who was just 11 or 12 when first attacked. In 2009, he went on to rape his third and final daughter.
In court yesterday he admitted the charge of sexual activity with a child family member, after the court was told DNA paternity testing proved he was the father. He also admitted raping his other two daughters.
The man cannot be named because it would lead to the identification of his victims, who were granted anonymity.
Simon Myers - who was defending the father - said his guilty plea saved his daughters from the ordeal of giving evidence. The judge said that his confession of guilt had spared him a much heavier sentence, in the region of 18 to 20 years behind bars.
- New DNA Chip Provides Results in Hours
- New Genetic Discovery May Help Prevent Multiple Sclerosis
- 70% Food Production increase possible through GM maze
- DNA Testing Helps Catch Deer Poachers.
- DNA helps police discover criminals eye colour
- Video Games, the future of medical research.
- Elephant + Frozen DNA = Mammoth ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - DNA profiles to be kept "Indefinitely"
- Identical Twins, Who Did it?
- Pearl Harbor Victims turn to DNA Testing
- Aboriginal Australians: The First Explorers
- Argentina’s main media group heirs
- Man freed from jail months before end of sentence, but not exonerated by judge
- DNA testing on glove solves 28 year old case
- Police fear serial killer Peter Tobin had more victims