Prenatal DNA Paternity Test
Accredited Results in 7-10 Business Days, 100% Accurate
Prenatal DNA Paternity Testing
- Fully Managed - We arrange all appointments for you
- CVS or Amnio Sample Collection at our central London Clinic (additional fee)
- ISO/IEC:17025 accredited & ISO:9001:2008 certified
- Fast 7-10 Business Days Results
- 100% Accurate with Dual Testing System
Prenatal DNA Paternity Testing
DNA Worldwide and our dedicated fetal medicine centre in Harley Street, London have conducted thousands of prenatal DNA Tests.
Each test is carried out by taking a genetic sample during pregnancy using CVS or Amniocentesis and a mouth swab sample from the mother and the potential father.
The process is carried out by the UK's leading fetal medicine specialists.
- Confidentiality guaranteed
- Absolute accuracy using DNA samples
- Other genetic tests available at additional cost
- No GP referral required
- Procedure performed by a highly qualified fetal medicine specialist
- Appointments available at short notice
- Use your own clinic or our central London clinic at the cost of £350
- Total test fee including sample collection in central London is £800
Prenatal Paternity testing is not a decision which should be entered into lightly. Please consider the consequence of taking this test.
How does prenatal paternity testing work?
A DNA sample is collected via CVS or amniocentesis from the pregnant mother. At the same time mouth swab samples from the mother and potential father are taken. All samples are sent by courier to our laboratory for testing.
The result of the test will be either a 100% exclusion of paternity or up to a 99.99999% positive inclusion and proof of paternity.
The cost of sample collection is £350 in addition to the test fee of £450.
CVS samples can be collected at 12 to 14 weeks gestation or an Amniocentesis produce can be conducted from 16 to 21 weeks gestation.
Affordable and Complete
What happens if it is not possible to carry out a CVS?
In around 5% of patients it is not possible to perform a CVS procedure due to the position of the placenta. In this case the only option is to wait until at least 16 weeks gestation when an amniocentesis can be carried out.You will be charged for the professional scanning and consultation time instead of a full CVS. Lab fees still apply.
Prenatal paternity testing for twins?
Carrying out a CVS or Amnio during a twin pregnancy incurs additional fees for the fetal sample collection laboratory process.
It is worth considering that the chances of having separate pregnancies from two different fathers are rare however cannot be excluded.
All staff at DNA Worldwide, their Laboratory and the Fetal Clinic are bound by strict confidentiality. The results will only be provided to the nominated individuals requested.
Are there any risks?
With prenatal paternity testing the risk of miscarriage is 1% when the test is performed by CVS and 0.5% when by an amniocentesis.
Can you test for anything else at the same time?
We are able to offer testing for many genetic disorders at the same time as your prenatal paternity test (additional lab fees apply), using the same samples.
For instance; you may have had a high risk result from your Down’s Syndrome screening or are simply seeking reassurance that all is well with your baby.
The ordering process
- DNA Worldwide recommend you contact us on 01373 800130 for an Expert Consultation and to go through the details of the prenatal test process.
- Once agreed DNA Worldwide will work with you to arrange a suitable appointment to have the CVS or Amniocentesis samples collected. This is normally within a few days.
- Before the appointment the mother blood type must be provided to the fetal specialist. Two passport photos and a photo ID must be provided by each person attending the appointment.
- DNA Worldwide will arrange to collect by courier the samples for testing at our laboratory and issue the results in 7-10 days.