Sibling DNA Testing
5-10 business days. Worlds most accurate test.
Sibling DNA Testing
- Establish a sibling relationship between two individuals
- Up to 46 DNA Markers & 3 Types of DNA Tested
- 100% Accuracy and Satisfaction Guarantee
- ISO:17025:2005 and ISO9001:2008 certified
- Price includes up to 3 individuals (siblings and parents)
The unique DNA Worldwide testing method with 46 DNA Markers means DNA Worldwide provide conclusive results in up to 99% of sibling cases compared to other labs who manage just 80%.
Sibling DNA Tests
There are three types of Sibling DNA Test, depending on family make-up.
- Full Sibling vs Half Sibling - the test is designed to establish if two individuals share both parents or just one parent.
- Half Sibling vs Unrelated - the test is designed to establish if two individuals share one parent in common.
- Full Sibling vs Unrelated - the test is designed to establish if two individuals share both parents in common or no parents in common.
Once you place your order DNA Worldwide will work with you to establish the exact details. For instance with a Full Sibling vs Half Sibling Test, if it is known that two individuals share the same mother but they are unsure if they share the same father then it is important to advise DNA Worldwide.
The Ordering Process
To start the process either order online or over the phone (01373 800130). If participants are located in different parts of the UK or World then DNA Worldwide can send a kit direct to each participant (please call to provide the details).
Once the samples are received your DNA Testing case manager will contact you to establish the exact type of sibling relationship to be tested.
- Unique Testing Method: The DNA Worldwide Sibling DNA Test is the most advanced in the world testing up to 46 DNA Markers.
- Conclusive Range: We aim to achieve a 99.99% Yes or 100% No but this is not always possible and depends on how unique the participants' DNA is and who can be tested. Results may show down to 80% yes or 15% No.
- Turnaround Time: 5-10 Business Days
- Participants: Two alleged full- or half-siblings and any parent is optional, but strongly suggested. The probabilities can be increased greatly if other known relatives are available for testing.
- Procedure: DNA samples are collected from two alleged (full or half) siblings at home or at a DNA collection centre (any parent is optional, but strongly suggested).
The samples are obtained using a cheek swab (provided by DNA Worldwide). After samples are sent to the laboratory, results will be available within 5-10 Business Days.
Advanced DNA Testing Technology
DNA Worldwide test up to 46 genetic locations (DNA Worldwide is the only company to offer this level of testing. Other Accredited Labs test 16 genetic locations) and independently run every test twice to ensure that your results are the most accurate available.
DNA Worldwide is a global leader in DNA testing, certified to ISO 9001:2008 with its laboratory certified to ISO 17025 Accredited.
"Fantastic and Speedy Service and happy with the result. Thank you for your help"
- Emma Chappell
"Excellent service, clear instructions on DNA test pack and results back very fast and efficiently. Liked being texted when the DNA pack was received by DNA Worldwide as well"
- Private Client
"The service was prompt, the instructions were detailed and appropriate and the results were delivered well before they were due"
- Alan Stewart
DNA Worldwide are certified to ISO9001:2008. Exceeding all UK and international requirements for DNA Testing through its ISO/IEC:17025 accredited laboratory Eurofins Medigenomix.
Eurofins Medigenomix has been accredited by the Ministry of Justice as a body that may carry out parentage tests directed by the civil courts in England and Wales under section 20 of the Family Law Reform Act 1969.
"When I was 15, my Father showed me a photograph of a boy and told me it was given to him by the boy's mother who implied that he was my father's son! The instant I saw it I knew that this boy was my brother. I waited until I was an adult to make my search. Ten years later, I finally found my little brother. But I had to get my family as well as my father to accept him. I came across DNA Worldwide, got my father and new brother to perform the quick, easy procedure, and two weeks later, I could finally prove to the world what I already knew."
- Erica Rodgers