Ethnic Ancestry Test
Ethnic Ancestry Testing
Are you curious about what different ethnic groups make up who you are today? Would you like to find out more about your ancestors from both sides of your family tree?
Do you have Native American ancestry? African? What proportion of Southern European and Northern European is your genome? The Ethnic Ancestry test will help to answer your questions.
Ethnic Ancestry £189
Explore your ethnic ancestry and receive a detailed global percentage breakdown.
- Ethnic Ancestry
- Over 250,000 SNPs Tested
- Home Collection Kit
- Personalised Data kept safe and secure
Help and Guidance
How it works - Part 1
- We will send you an easy to use DNA collection kit so that you can send us your sample
- The All My Ancestry test analyses your autosomal DNA – this means that it is not possible to identify which side of the family the ancestry comes from
- We look at over 250,000 autosomal markers, and compare your data to an extensive set of reference samples of known ancestry including over 4000 individuals from over 200 populations from all over the world
How it works - Part 2
- We will tell you which populations you are genetically closest to and what proportions of your ancestry are from each of seven continental level groups: sub-Saharan African, European, West Asian, South & Central Asian, East Asian, Pacific Islander or Native American. We can then go even further to investigate your ancestry within these groups.
- Whilst we can send out test results separately, buying a Complete Ancestry Package saves you over £300.
- The detailed and easy to read test results and certificate will be with you in 12-14 weeks.
How do i get started?
- Order your home DNA test kit securely online. The price you pay includes everything (Kit, Testing and Results)
- The DNA sample collection is a quick and easy procedure which requires a saliva sample.
- Once you have collected your DNA samples simply return them to DNA Worldwide in the pre-paid, pre-addressed envelope provided.
What Will I Receive?
1. Population Percentage
A Population Percentage will tell you what proportions of your ancestry come from seven different regions of the world, by using a statistical model of genetic ancestry. The plot compared to 4,000 individuals is provided in a visual format.
2. Global Percentage Breakdown
We then establish a global percentage breakdown of your ancestry to determine which overall parts of the world your ethnicity comes from.
3. Continental Detail
We then refine further your major ancestry groups, in this example the European group is then broken down to country/area specific locations. However if this person was Indian, African or Chinese different country breakdowns are provided.
4. Global Connections Plot
A Global Connections Plot will show the average geographical origin of your ancestors in comparison to samples of known ancestry from 4,000 individuals and 200 groups around the world.
5. European Connections Plot
We then refine down your connections within the main group(s) you are from such as Europe, Asia, India, Africa, Jewish, Hispanic, Native America, Afro Caribbean etc.