Purebred Dog DNA Test
Purebred DNA Testing
Discover your Dog's Ancestry as seen on BBC's The Wonder of Dogs.
Discover the breed of your dog through the world’s first DNA- based test that will establish if a dog is a purebred. Reasons for getting a Pure breed dog DNA test include the following:
- Help with peace of mind – remove any doubt if your dog is pure or mixed breed
- Checking pedigree
- Establish the breed when no Kennel Club certificate has been issued.
This simple to use home DNA collection kit can give you the answer by comparing the breed of your dog against 8 million breed histories. The results of your dog DNA test will be issued in 6-8 weeks, and will contain an ancestry certificate, a detailed report and family tree breakdown.
Help and Guidance
How Do I Get Started?
- Please check our breed list to confirm that we can test your pet, if you are unable to find your dog’s breed or are unsure please get in touch with a member of our team.
- Order your home DNA test kit securely online.
- The DNA sample collection is a quick and easy procedure which requires a swab to be rubbed gently and painlessly on the inside of your dog's cheek.
- Once you have collected your DNA samples simply return them to DNA Worldwide in the pre-paid, pre-addressed envelope provided.
What is considered to be a purebred dog?
A dog is considered to be purebred if they have registration papers that show both parents were registered and of the same breed. A purebred dog will have a specific set of genes that distinguishes it from any other breed, these genes include physical traits such a size, coat, and colour. If a dog’s parents, grandparents, and older generations are all registered as purebred, the dog is classed as a pedigree.