A legal hair test is used for family court matters, usually the court will have requested you carry out a hair strand test to show the level of alcohol you have used over a 3-6 month period.
The test requires a hair sample to be taken in your home by a professional doctor, nurse, or accredited sampler and cannot be self administrated. Collections can be arranged within 72 hours results will be ready within 3-7 working days from the lab receiving the sample. A detailed report showing the level of alcohol consumed will be issued with an expert review of your case looking at possible reasons for the results, in a format required by the UK court system. Full support and a dedicated case manager is issued to your case throughout the process.
Our labs conduct legal testing that is ISO/IEC:17025 accredited and ISO:9001:2008 certified for use in the UK court system.
Help and Guidance
How Does It Work?
- Hair Alcohol testing is proven in the UK Courts as an accurate way of establishing the alcohol patterns and can identify excessive abuse, regular drinking or abstinence (provided the correct tests are ordered)
- The process is simple and painless; one of our expert collectors will collect 2-4 samples, each about 200 hairs, from the crown of your head depending on the number of tests required. It is also advised by the Society of Hair Testing to always test blood samples to ensure no chance of a false positive result.
- The collector will complete chain of custody paperwork with yourself and then securely send the samples to us for testing.
- The hair strand alcohol analysis then establishes if the alcohol markers (showing alcohol has been consumed) have been identified within the hair and to what level.
- A laboratory report is prepared and sent to our lead expert and Head of Toxicology, Dr Pascal Kintz, to review and write a report that is accepted by court.
- The results are then issued to you via secure means, normally 5-10 working days after they have been received.
How do I get started?
- Contact the DNA Worldwide expert team to establish the exact testing requirements that you have and place your order.
- We will arrange for a collector to visit your home or chosen location to collect the sample.
- Once we receive the samples in our laboratory, testing will begin and results for your alcohol test will be released within in 5-10 working days.