The worlds most advanced Aunt & Uncle test. This test is commonly used where an alleged father is not available, but his brother or sister is.
The home test is a simple peace of mind test, which can be done at home by up to 3 participants. It looks at up to 68 markers, and tests are run twice for accuracy.
Results can determine a 99.9% proof of relationship or 100% exclusion. Results are issued within 5 - 10 working days on our secure online system where you can also track the status of your test. Full support is offered and we are fully ISO:17025 accredited and ISO: 9001 certified.
Every Aunt & Uncle test is confidential, we will send the test to the provided address in a discrete style of packaging, to upheld client confidentiality. However if you have any concerns, our dedicated team will be happy to help you.
Should you require a legal Aunt & Uncle test, please click here
Help and Guidance
Aunt & Uncle Testing Options
The avuncular test can be administered between an alleged aunt or uncle and an alleged niece or nephew. The test is commonly used where an alleged father is not available for testing but his sibling (brother or sister) is.
The Aunt or Uncle DNA Testing kit can determine with 100% accuracy, up to a 99.99% positive proof of relationship or 100% exclusion.
The Aunt/Uncle DNA Test
- Conclusive Range: <10% exclusion or >90% inclusion.
- Turnaround Time: 5-10 Business Days
- Participants: One alleged aunt or uncle, one niece or nephew.
- Other Details: The probabilities can be increased greatly if other known relatives, such as a parent of the niece or nephew, are available for testing. Results may vary between 100% exclusion to 99.99% positive proof of relationship.
- The conclusive range for these results are <10% exclusion or >90% inclusion. We do not guarantee that results will fall into this conclusive range, however with our detailed DNA testing of up to 68 DNA Markers, DNA Worldwide provide conclusive results for Aunt/Uncle tests in up to 98% of cases.
How to organise your home DNA test
- Order your home avuncular DNA test kit securely online.
- Your DNA Testing Case manager will contact you to confirm any additional details.
- The DNA sample collection is a quick and easy procedure which requires a mouth swab to be rubbed gently and painlessly on the inside of your cheek.
- Once you have collected your DNA samples simply return them to DNA Worldwide in the pre-paid, pre-addressed envelope provided and we will send your results within 5-10 business days.
Understanding DNA Test Results
"Fantastic and Speedy Service and happy with the result. Thank you for your help"
- Emma Chappell
"Excellent service, clear instructions on DNA test pack and results back very fast and efficiently. Liked being texted when the DNA pack was received by DNA Worldwide as well"
- Private Client
"The service was prompt, the instructions were detailed and appropriate and the results were delivered well before they were due"
- Alan Stewart
Our Advanced DNA Testing Technology
DNA Worldwide test up to 68 genetic locations, and we're the only company to offer this level of testing (other accredited labs only examine 16 genetic locations). We also independently run every test twice to ensure that your results are the most accurate available.
DNA Worldwide is a global leader in DNA testing, certified to ISO 9001:2008 with its laboratory certified to ISO 17025 Accredited.