About Living DNA
Living DNA is the world’s most advanced ancestry test, designed to help people understand more about themselves and where they come from in unparalleled detail.
Discover your family ancestry
The Living DNA family ancestry test looks at your recent ancestry from both sides of your family in unparalleled detail. Your ancestry is broken down across up to 80 worldwide regions, including 21 in Britain and Ireland.
You will receive free lifetime updates to your family ancestry results as new ancestry research and population groups are added to the platform and as science evolves.
Help and Guidance
What does the test show?
- Detailed percentage breakdown of your ancestry
- Which regions in the world you ancestors came from
- How you share ancestry with people all over the world at different points in history
- Detailed information about the population groups you share most of your DNA with today
How does it work?
- Order your home DNA kit from Living DNA. Price includes sample kit, testing, and results.
- Once you receive your kit, activate it online with your 12-character activation code found within your kit
- The DNA sample collection is a quick and easy procedure that requires a simple mouth swab
- Once you have collected your DNA sample, post it back to us in the free returns bag
- Your online results will be available in 10-12 weeks
- Your results are displayed on an interactive online platform, a personalised ancestry book showing your results is also available to buy