The world's most advanced Grandparent DNA test to find out if a child and their grandparents are biologically related.
There are 2 options for testing;
1. Single Grandparent DNA analysis: Where one Grandparent is tested with one grandchild and a parent if possible. The conclusive range are either greater than 90% inclusion or less than 10% exclusion.
2. Duo Grandparents DNA Analysis: Where both Grandparents are tested with one grandchild and a parent if possible. When both grandparents are tested, the results can be greater than 99.99% for inclusion, or 100% for exclusion.
This home DNA test is a simple peace of mind testing kit, which includes everything you need to take a DNA sample within the comfort of your own home. This DNA test examines up to 68 DNA markers, and tests are run twice for accuracy. Results are issued within 7-10 working days on our secure online system, where you can also track the status of your test. Full support is offered and we are fully ISO:17025 accredited and ISO: 9001, ISO:27001 and ISO:14001 certified.
Every Grandparent test is confidential, we will send the test to the provided address in a discrete style of packaging, to upheld client confidentiality. However, if you have any concerns, our dedicated team will be happy to help you.
Should you require a Grandparent DNA test for legal purposes, please find more information here.
How to Order your Home Test
- Order your home DNA test kit securely online.
- Your DNA Testing case manager will contact you to confirm the exact type of relationship.
- The DNA sample collection is a quick and easy procedure which requires a mouth swab to be rubbed gently and painlessly on the inside of your cheek.
- Once you have collected your DNA samples simply return them to DNA Worldwide in the pre-paid, pre-addressed envelope provided and we will send your results within 7-10 business days.
Client Case Study
"When I was 15, my Father showed me a photograph of a boy and told me it was given to him by the boy's mother who implied that he was my father's son! The instant I saw it I knew that this boy was my brother. I waited until I was an adult to make my search. Ten years later, I finally found my little brother. But I had to get my family as well as my father to accept him. I came across DNA Worldwide, got my father and new brother to perform the quick, easy procedure, and two weeks later, I could finally prove to the world what I already knew."
- Erica Rodgers
Understanding DNA Test Results
Who might need a grandparent DNA test?
A grandparent DNA test is often required when the alleged biological father, or mother, are not available for testing. If the alleged parents are unavailable, the next step is to perform a grandparent DNA test in order to establish a biological relationship with the family.
DNA tests such as grandparent testing can help bring families together. If you are a grandparent with questions about your biological relationship with your alleged grandchild, and a paternity or maternity test is not an option, a grandparent DNA test can provide the answers you need.
One or two grandparents?
At DNA Worldwide, we recommend DNA testing both grandparents alongside one parent, which is the best way to achieve the most accurate result. However, we understand that this cannot always happen. The DNA test can be completed with just one grandparent and child.
Can a paternity test be done with a grandparent?
Yes, paternity testing is often required to establish a biological relationship between a man and a child, however, sometimes the alleged father is not available for testing for various reasons. In cases such as this the best next option is for the biological parents of the alleged father to be tested with the child.