A DNA legal test is required for the following reasons
- When proving relationships
- When a parent is not available for testing
Results can be used in a court of law, from immigration cases to complex family reconstruction situations. This test requires a DNA sample to be taken by a professional doctor, nurse, or accredited sampler and cannot be self administrated. Our labs conduct legal testing that is ISO/IEC:17025 accredited and ISO:9001:2008 certified for use in the UK court system.
Help and Guidance
Grandparent Testing Options
Single Grandparent DNA Test: This DNA test includes one grandparent, one grandchild, and parent (optional, but strongly suggested). The result with one grandparent tested can be less accurate than with two grandparents but with our advanced testing of up to 68 markers we have the highest chance of securing an accurate result.
Duo Grandparent DNA Test: This DNA test includes BOTH grandparents, one child, and parent optional, but strongly suggested. For the most accurate results in a grandparent analysis it is best to include both the alleged grandparents and the child. When both alleged grandparents are included the DNA results can indicate greater than 99.99% (for inclusions) or 0% (for exclusions) probability of the Grandparent relationship.
Organise your Legal DNA Test
- Place your order for a grandparent test for legal purposes online. You can either pay a deposit of £99 to start the process, or pay for the full fee including testing in one go. There are options to include more than three people in the test, and to have a test carried out in different locations around the world.
- We will appoint a dedicated case manager who will be your point of contact and will help arrange with you for DNA samples to be collected from each person taking part (additional fees apply for sample collections).
- After our secure couriers have collected the DNA samples and delivered them to our laboratory, your results will be ready within 7-10 working days.