Identical Twin DNA Test
The world's most advanced paternity test to find out if twins are identical or fraternal.
Identical being when one egg is fertilised by one sperm cell, in which case twins are identical.
Fraternal being when two eggs are independently fertilised by two different sperm cells meaning the DNA profiles will not be identical.
This home DNA testing kit is a simple peace of mind test, which includes everything you need to take a DNA sample within the comfort of your own home. It looks at a minimum of 21 markers, and tests are run twice to accurately determine if two individuals are identical or fraternal twins. Results can determine a 99.9% positive result or 100% exclusion and are issued within 3-5 working days on our secure online system, where you can also track the status of your test. Full support is offered and we are fully ISO:17025 accredited and ISO: 9001 certified.
Every identical twin DNA test is confidential, we will send the test to the provided address in a discrete style of packaging, to upheld client confidentiality. However, if you have any concerns, our dedicated team will be happy to help you.
Should you require an identical twin DNA test for legal purposes, please find more information here
Help and Guidance
What You Get with the DNA Worldwide Promise
- The UK's most accurate Identical Twin DNA Testing procedure
- Clearly establish if two individuals are identical or fraternal twins
- We only use the most advanced type of DNA Test
- We test 21+ DNA markers instead of 16
- Full support and No Hidden Fees
- Every test run twice to ensure accuracy
- Fast results in 3-5 business days
- Check your order status, test status and results securely online
- ISO:17025 accredited and ISO:9001 certified
How to organise your home based DNA test
- Order your home DNA test kit securely online.
- The DNA sample collection is a quick and easy procedure which requires a mouth swab to be rubbed gently and painlessly on the inside of your cheek.
- Once you have collected your DNA samples simply return them to DNA Worldwide in the pre-paid, pre-addressed envelope provided and we will send your results within 3-5 business days.
Who might want a twin DNA test
Parents naturally want to know all they can about their children, and with twins this includes their zygosity. The twins themselves may also want to find out more information about their genetic make-up and their similarities. Whilst the twins are still infants, it may be difficult to assess if they are identical based on physical features alone.
Do identical twins have the same DNA?
Identical twins have almost identical DNA, it was previously thought that the DNA was entirely identical. In 2013, scientists discovered a way to find subtle differences in their DNA which could prove vital in solving crimes and paternity cases that involve twins.