Legal Aunt/Uncle DNA Testing
A legal Aunt & Uncle DNA test is required for the following reasons:
- When proving relationships
- When a parent is not available for testing, to help prove paternity.
Results can be used in a court of law, from immigration cases to complex family reconstruction situations. This test requires a DNA sample to be taken by a professional doctor, nurse, or accredited sampler and cannot be self administrated. Our labs conduct legal testing that is ISO/IEC:17025 accredited and ISO:9001:2008 certified for use in the UK court system.
Help and Guidance
Avuncular Testing Options
We conduct aunt/uncle testing when an alleged father is not available to be tested but his brother or sister is willing to participate in a test.
The Aunt/Uncle DNA Test
- Conclusive Range: <10% exclusion or >90% inclusion.
- Turnaround Time: 5-10 Business Days
- Participants: One alleged aunt or uncle, one niece or nephew.
- Other Details: The probabilities can be increased greatly if other known relatives, such as a parent of the niece or nephew, are available for testing. Results may vary between 100% exclusion to 99.99% positive proof of relationship.
- We do not guarantee that results will fall into this conclusive range, however, with our detailed DNA testing of up to 68 DNA Markers, DNA Worldwide provide conclusive results for Aunt/Uncle tests in up to 98% of cases. This is far higher than the industry average of 75%.
Organise your Legal Avuncular DNA Test
- Place the order for your avuncular test for legal purpose online. You can either pay a deposit of £99 to start the process, or pay for the full fee including testing in one go. There are options to include more than three people in the test, and to have a test carried out in different locations around the world.
- We will appoint a dedicated case manager who will be your point of contact and will help arrange with you for DNA samples to be collected from each person taking part (additional fees apply for sample collection).
- After our secure couriers have collected the DNA samples and delivered them to our laboratory your results will be with be ready within 5-10 working days.