A legal DNA test is required for the following reasons:
- When providing legal information for immigration cases
- Complex family reconstruction situations where one or more parents are able to be tested.
This DNA test requires a DNA sample to be taken by a professional doctor, nurse, or accredited sampler and cannot be self administrated. Our labs conduct legal testing that is ISO/IEC:17025 accredited and ISO:9001:2008 certified for use in the UK court system.
Help and Guidance
Siblingship Testing Options
It is possible to establish three types of Sibling relationship;
- Full Sibling vs Half Sibling - proving if two siblings share one or two parents in common.
- Half Sibling vs Unrelated - proving if two individuals share one parent in common or are unrelated.
- Full Sibling vs Unrelated - designed for situations where siblings may either be related or not.
Due to the complexities of sibling DNA testing your dedicated case manager, who is provided when you place your order, will discuss the exact family relationship with you.
Conclusive Range: With each sibling test our aim is to establish either a 99% proof of relationship or 100% exclusion. This range depends on who can be tested within the family.
Organising Legal Sibling DNA Testing
- Place your order for a sibling DNA test for legal purposes online. You can either pay a deposit of £99 to start the process, or pay the full fee including testing in one go. There are options to include more than three people in the test, and to have a test carried out in different locations around the world.
- We will appoint a dedicated case manager who will be your point of contact and will help arrange for DNA samples to be collected from each person taking part (additional fees for sample collection may apply).
- After our secure couriers have collected the DNA samples and delivered them to our laboratory, your results will be with be ready within 5-10 working days.